This November’s election is on Tuesday, November 3. There are many great options to vote easily and safely. Please see below for different Portland voting resources!
- For COVID-safe voting, you can request an Absentee Ballot online: Please note that absentee ballots must be received by the City Clerk by 8pm on Election Day (when polls close). You can either mail it back or drop it off at Merrill Auditorium at the 24/7 drop box. Don’t forget to sign the back of the envelope!
- You can now track the status of your absentee ballot at the Secretary of State’s website here!
- Early in-person “absentee” voting has started in Portland! You can vote early in-person now at Merrill Auditorium from 9am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Additionally, the Clerk’s office is providing Saturday voting on October 17 and October 24 from 9am-12pm at Merrill Auditorium. On Thursday, October 29, the Clerk’s office will remain open until 7:00pm for voter registration and in-person absentee voting. This ends on October 30. Learn more here!
- Maine has same-day voter registration at the polls, but to avoid the contact there you can download and print a voter registration card here and mail it along with proof of Portland residency to: Portland City Clerk, 389 Congress St., Portland, ME 04101. We advise not mailing any registration materials after October 16, due to possible mail delays.
- Though we recommend voting early, all Portland polling locations will be open on Election Day, and you can find your polling location here and what districts you live in!
- Voter Protection Hotline: 207-990-0788 or email@example.com
Help us get out the vote! Sign up here to volunteer with the Portland Dems.