Text Messaging (SMS/MMS) Policy
The Portland Democratic City Committee (PDCC) offers an optional text messaging service to supporters, allowing for short communications regarding relevant and timely events, advocacy calls to action, and campaign opportunities. SMS alerts are available on AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-MobileÂ®, U.S. CellularÂ®, Nextel, Virgin Mobile, and others. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
We collect mobile phone numbers and consent to send messages when you text message PDCC’s SMS number, signup via website forms or registration for or at a PDCC-related event.
If you wish to unsubscribe from text messages at any time, simply text message STOP toÂ (207) 405-0498. Text HELP to (207) 405-0498 with any questions or concerns. You can re-subscribe at any time by text messaging Join to (207) 405-0498 .
Text Messaging (SMS) Terms and Conditions
- In addition to any entry, submission or other fee of which you are notified of at the time of entry, your carrier’s standard messaging rates apply to your entry or submission message, our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence and/or transmissions. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator. SMS MESSAGE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
- By using this service you may have access to various content. You should assume that everything to which you have access through this service is subject to copyright and trademark protection, unless noted otherwise. By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that all right, title and interest, including the trademark and copyright rights, in and to such works are our property, and that you will not gain any ownership or other right, title or interest therein or thereto. You may not copy, download or make any other unauthorized uses of such items.
- By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages from us according to the program frequency.
- By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- All content is appropriate for ages 13 and older (T13+)