Please join us Monday, December 16 at 6:30 pm for our next meeting at East End Community School.
We will be joined by a special guest, Senator Ben Chipman, for a talk on legislative achievements last session and priorities for the upcoming session that begins next month. Submit your questions for Sen. Chipman here.
In addition to hearing from Sen. Chipman, the meeting will include:
- Interactive report on the Maine Democratic Party’s Platform Committee work
- Election of a vice-chair (feel free to email us if you have questions at email@example.com; nominations will be taken from the floor)
- Brainstorming questions for our upcoming membership survey
- Creation of a standing group to focus on voter registration and turnout
There’s a lot happening as we prepare for a successful 2020 in Portland, so don’t miss out!
We also are reaching out to ask you to save the date for our citywide Democratic caucus: Sunday, March 8. Though Maine has switched its presidential nominee election process to a primary, the caucus still serves as an important organizing opportunity as well as the time to elect delegates to the state convention. We will be sharing more about the caucus in the coming months!
We look forward to seeing you on December 16!
– Simon, Cynthia, Doug, Gwynne, and the entire PDCC team