Portland Democratic Caucus
Deering High School
370 Stevens Avenue
11:30 a.m. – Doors open
1:00 p.m. – Speaking program begins and the line to register to vote or enroll in the Democratic Party closes. The City Clerk’s office will register or enroll everyone who is in line by 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – The line to check-in and receive your ballot will close. We will check in everyone who is in line by 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. – Break into precincts to caucus
Concessions will be open at Deering High School. Food will be sold by Deering High School’s Project Graduation. Cash only!
Read the following carefully about VOTING AT THE CAUCUS:
1) You MUST be a registered voter in Portland and enrolled in the Democratic Party to vote in the caucus.
2) THE DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 19TH TO CHANGE PARTY REGISTRATIONS HAS PASSED. Unfortunately, if you are registered with another party (Green, Republican), you cannot participate in the Democratic caucus.
3) THE DEADLINE TO REQUEST ABSENTEE BALLOTS HAS PASSED. Unfortunately, if you are unable to attend the caucus in person, you can no longer request an absentee ballot.
4) If you are an unenrolled registered voter in Portland or not yet registered to vote, you can register as a Democratic voter up to or on the day of the caucus. Bring a photo ID and proof of address. Expect long lines to register at the caucus. TO AVOID WAITING IN A LONG LINE, register in advance up to March 4th at Portland City Hall.
IF YOU PLAN TO REGISTER OR ENROLL ON THE DAY OF THE CAUCUS, YOU MUST BE IN LINE BY 1:00 p.m. The line to register or enroll will close at 1:00 p.m. The City Clerk’s office will register or enroll everyone who is in line by 1:00 p.m.
5) TO CHECK IN TO PARTICIPATE AT THE CAUCUS, YOU MUST BE IN LINE BY 2:00 p.m. at the latest. The line to check in and receive your ballot will close at 2:00 p.m. We will check-in everyone who is in line by 2:00 p.m.
Questions? Email Jill Barkley, Caucus Convener, at firstname.lastname@example.org