This week, two of our subcommittees will be meeting. All Portland Democrats are welcome, even if you don’t regularly attend our monthly meetings.
Monday, January 14: Organizing Subcommittee
In charge of building our volunteer infrastructure, the Organizing Subcommittee is currently working on developing our Block Captain program. Join this meeting to help create a lasting movement for progressive politics in Portland.
Location: East End Community Center 195 North St
Time: 6pm – 7pm
Wednesday, January 16: Issues Subcommittee
In charge of turning our platform into policy, the Issues Subcommittee is currently focused on voting rights & voting access. Join this meeting to help expand voting rights in Portland and across Maine.
Location: 148 Noyes Street
Time: 7pm – 8pm
I hope you had a great holiday season and got the chance to watch Governor Mills’ inauguration on Wednesday! If you missed it, you can watch the full video here.
Since the holidays have just wrapped up, and the busy times of the political season are just beginning, we won’t be holding our monthly general meeting this month. The next monthly meeting will be on Thursday, February 21st at East End Community Center.
While we won’t be holding a full meeting this month, please consider joining one or both of the following committee meetings.
- Issues Committee, in charge of turning our platform into policy. Right now, the main focus is on voter rights & access. We will meet on Thursday, January 16, 7 – 8 pm at 148 Noyes Street. Please RSVP here.
- Organizing Committee, in charge of building grassroots infrastructure, meets Monday, January 14, 6-7 pm at East End Community Center. Please RSVP here.
I hope you can join us to build a stronger PDCC!
Portland Democratic City Committee
WHERE: State of Maine Room, Portland City Hall
WHEN: Thursday, December 13, 6:30pm-8pm
- Why I’m a Democrat
- Approve minutes
- Chair’s Report
- Committee chair appointments
- Treasurer’s Report
- Finance Committee
- Communications Committee
- Organizing Committee
- Issues Committee
- Bylaws Committee
- Old business
- New business
- Discussion: focus of upcoming meetings
- Discussion: recruitment for the PDCC & committees
- Discussion: fundraising
- 10 minutes of activism