Following our panel discussion on Sunday evening, PDCC voted strongly in favor of endorsing a “No on A” position on the June 13th ballot.
(Draft minutes can be found HERE)
Thank you to all who attended, and thanks especially to our panelists! The discussion was lively, and it was fantastic to see the way our members turned out to have this important conversation. I am grateful for the spirit of democracy that inspires us to grapple, as individuals and as an organization, with complicated (and even divisive) issues, and to work through them to take a stance as a group.
If you attended Sunday’s meeting and got something out of it, we would love to encourage you to attend an upcoming meeting and continue engaging with the Portland Dems! Our next General Meeting will be Sunday, July 9th – and stay tuned for other events that may pop up throughout the summer.
Thank you again for your time, your thoughtfulness, and for showing up for democracy!
– A reminder that TUESDAY, JUNE 13th is Election Day. Polls open at 7:00a and close at 8:00p. Find your polling location HERE!
– Early and Absentee Voting Options:
a) Early In-Person Voting at City Hall: Hours are Monday, through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. On Thursday, June 8th only, the Clerk’s Office will remain open until 7:00 PM. This is the last day to absentee vote, unless you have an allowed special circumstance.
b) Voting by Absentee Ballot:
- You can request an absentee ballot online.
- You can call the City Clerk’s office M-F from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 207-874-8677.
- You can complete a June 13, 2023 absentee ballot application and submit it by
- Mailing it to City Clerk’s Office 389 Congress Street, Portland ME 04101
- Fax it to 207-874-8612
- Email it to email@example.com
- Ways to return your ballot:
- Mail your ballot back to City Hall 389 Congress Street
- Return to one of our 24-hour secure external drop boxes located at City Hall next to the Myrtle Street entrance or at the Public Works Building at 212 Canco Road.
- Ballots are NOT to be returned to your polling location. Absentee ballots must be returned to City Hall by 8:00 PM on election day to be processed and counted. If you have any questions or need assistance with voting, please let us know!
– We’ll be tabling and marching at Pride, on Saturday, June 17th. We’d love for you to join us and get involved with the celebration, so reach out if you are interested!
– Our next General Meeting will be Sunday, July 9th.