The affordable housing crisis is one of the biggest issues facing our city, so we’ve organized a panel discussion with local housing experts for our monthly meeting on August 4.
Want to learn more about the affordable housing situation in Portland? Want to hear what solutions are being pursued, and what solutions your neighbors are advocating?
- Dee Clarke (Advocate with Homeless Voices for Justice)
- Chris Kessler (Portland Tenants Union, founder of the South Portland Tenants Association)
- Markos Miller (Community organizer, educator, property owner and small business owner engaged in issues related to sustainable housing and development, helped draft Portland’s first Inclusionary Housing policy)
- Christian Milneil (Press Herald, Portland Housing Authority)
- Claudette Ndayininahaze (Cultural Broker at The Opportunity Alliance)
Doors open just before 6pm at the State of Maine room in City Hall.Â After the meeting, we’ll go to a nearby bar for drinks and more discussion. Join us!
Can’t make the meeting? Don’t worry! This event will be recorded and published on Youtube, Facebook, and the Portland Dems website.